La versione 4.1.9 di IPS Community Suite è ora disponibile.
This includes a security patch and we recommend you upgrade as soon as possible.
This release fixes reported issues from clients in our bug tracker and support tickets and adds refinement to existing features.
New or Changed Features
- When your link auto-embeds in a post such as with an image, YouTube video, Twitter link, etc. an option will now display to revert the embed back to a plain text link if you do not want the embed.
- New setting to disable embedding.
- Facebook/Twitter integration improvements
- If you are an administrator and encounter a system error, additional debug output will now display. Regular members will see the normal error message.
- Custom Fields for Support Requests in Commerce now show on the front-end.
- If an advertisement is set up with a main image, but not smaller images for tablets/mobiles, the ad would not show at all on tablets/mobiles. This has changed so the main image will display on all devices unless smaller images are provided.
- Topics scheduled to automatically lock or unlock will now reflect this in the topic listing and when viewing the topic.
- Placing a link to a Facebook status will embed when possible.
- When viewing a report, the container (for example, the forum) the content is from is displayed.
- Three character searches are now allowed in the Admin CP Live Search.
- The Account Settings page now uses vertical rather than horizontal tabs to prevent overflow.
- If Gravatar is enabled, and a user has not defined an profile photo, then their email address will be used to fetch from Gravatar unless explicitly set not to.
- Gfycat embeds now use their oEmbed endpoint rather than their JS API.
- Using Amazon CloudFront as https provider will now be recognized as valid secure connection.
- The member REST API endpoint will now return custom fields.
- The Developer Center for Plugins now shows the filename in the list of hooks, and when editing a hook, a breadcrumb includes a link back to the list.
- Inline notifications can now be dismissed
- Efficiency improvements to the search index
- You can now close a poll independently of the topic
In addition to dozens of smaller fixes this release includes fixes for the follow items that impacted many clients:
- Several security enhancements.
- The posting parser has been made more efficient.
- Some BBCode does not parse correctly in version 4 and we have applied some fixes for this. In general BBCode is deprecated so we only provide basic support.
- Sitemaps could sometimes be blank if there was no content in a specific section.
- Certain URLs from version 3 were not redirecting properly to the new version 4 format.
- The timezone detection is now more robust and will more gracefully fail if it cannot determine a visitor’s timezone.
- Permission matrices have been reworked to send less data to prevent exceeding server limitations.
- Decimal handling has been reworked in Commerce for more precise calculations.
- The database class now handles InnoDB deadlocks more gracefully, and some queries have been changed to reduce the likeliness of deadlocks.
- Performance improvements to areas which perform large updates on the members table (for example, when editing permissions).
- Pages ‘number’ custom fields previously had an upper limit for submitted values around 2 billion.
- Multiple fixes for tag searching
Alcune info sull’usabilità con la nuova uscita: invisionpower.com/news/new-embed-options-r951/
Con il rilascio ufficiale della 4.1.9 parte già lo sviluppo della versione 4.1.0:
IPS Community Suite 4.1.10
This is a maintenance release to fix reported issues and add refinement to existing features
New or Changed Features
- Instant notifications are now dismissible.
- You can now sort by most downloaded in Downloads app.
- The ModeratorCP and AdminCP IP Address Tools now allow you to track the IP addresses used to vote in polls.
- A new setting has been added to disable the RSS feed for activity streams.
- Adds a new “can unban” moderator permission separate to the “can edit profiles” permission being used previously.
- IP addresses now show in reports.
In addition to many minor bug fixes and several performance improvements, the following important fixes are included:
- If friendly URL rewriting is not enabled, links shared on Facebook do not work.
- The “Upcoming Events” widget in Calendar may not show all events.
- Emoticons may appear squished in the Chat application.
- The support request auto resolve feature in Commerce may send emails at the wrong time.
- Trying to set up the Authorize.Net gateway in Commerce may not work.
- Items set to be excluded from the sitemap may still be included.
Fonte: il pannello admin che sta per fare l’aggiornamento 😉
Ovviamente, considerando le tante novità e anche l’aspetto sulla sicurezza, si consigliglia di aggiornare immediatamente le vostre installazioni (io lo faccio adesso)!